Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / In Portal Question / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In Portal Question (49)

Posted: 08/14/2003 10:47:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Lee,
I haven't worried so much about upgrade fees because Pavel and crew have always been very fair about pricing and upgrades.

If you read through my postings all issues have been about lack of information on in-portal (beat a dead horse why don't I)

Anyway, my point is don't worry about upgrade issues - because it has never been a real issue.

The only issues that seems to be driving everyone mad is an update to In-link (which I'm not so concerned with) or for some sort of In-portal release (which I've been buggin about)

So in short. Don't worry about the upgrade price - just decide what is important to you and cast your vote (which you did)...

Oh well, on the up/downside it appears In-link may get an update, but I'd rather have In-portal out the door...

-Ripbud

Posted: 08/16/2003 1:34:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

My issue is not the upgrade cost, that was settled back in December '02; it is the TWO YEARS of static development of In-Link. I purchased In-Link because it looked like it was on a strong development path for a Links Engine, a path that would put it well past its competitors in short order. Little did I know that true development on In-Link stopped back in October '01. With the exception of a few minor enhancements and bug fixes, In-Link hasn't changed in nearly two years. The features I was looking forward to seeing added have *nothing* to do with a portal, they have to do with a Links Engine .. that which was what I was interested in when I purchased In-Link.

Bitter? Yeah, because I paid my money to support the development of a promising Links Engine, not a never ending story about a world changing portal that never appears.

Posted: 08/17/2003 8:35:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

I already gave up on In-link and brought a compeititor's product a few days ago for $99.

I needed unlimited custom fields, unlimited images upload and a seperate detailed page for each link, all which the product provided [b]out of the box[b], and was better in getting on search engines.

The compeitition's product wasn't my choice a year ago when I brought In-link but it has been playing catching up and in some areas has execeeded In-link.

In-link's personal support from Stoyan and Dimitry seems better, but the compeititor's support forum seems livier. More help stuff, easier to navigate instead of lots of complaining. Also much better documentation.

In-link's multi-language capablities and multiple category capabilities and maybe some other stuff are still much better but unfortunately those were not important ot me.

The compeititor's template/s was junk though compared to In-link's so thank goodness I knew html.

So now that there is a In-link 2.30, I guess I might have to switch back again. Depending on the outcome, it's either wasted $195 or wasted $99.

PS. Compeitition has had consistent track record of upgrading its product every now and then and it focuses only on one little product, link indexing, no more, no less.

Posted: 08/18/2003 9:40:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi tidalx,

Thanks for your explanation and for being honest. I even think I know which competitor you are talking about :smile:

I am sorry if it is a disappointment, but 2.3 is not going to have 2 out of 3 features
that you need in In-link (unlimited custom fields and image uploads). It will have the links detail page (I think I forgot to list that under new features). The other two are in 3.0

Posted: 08/18/2003 10:10:00 AM

Reply Quoted  

"links detail page "

I'm curious what people mean by this. Is this a separate HTML page generated from the dynamic links?

Posted: 08/18/2003 9:24:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:98f87f451e]
On 2003-08-17 20:35, tidalx wrote:
unlimited custom fields, unlimited images upload and a seperate detailed page for each link, all which the product provided [b]out of the box[b], and was better in getting on search engines.
[/quote:98f87f451e]
Just as an aside, I have created separate detail pages for links and have used a fix in order to get additional custom fields within in-link. True, not out of the box, but there is a way to do it.

-V

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vince on 2003-08-18 21:33 ]</font>

Posted: 09/01/2003 8:05:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:4b5252de1e]
On 2003-08-13 15:33, Pavel wrote:
Hi everyone,

The exact list of features will be determined in the next couple of days (I will migrate the discussion to the In-link section of the forum), but I am afraid really *major* ones are not going to be a part of it - like the static version.
[/quote:4b5252de1e]

Hey Pavel!

I have not seen this list, was it posted is some other forum?

Posted: 09/01/2003 9:25:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:0a0280e95e]
Hey Pavel!
I have not seen this list, was it posted is some other forum?
[/quote:0a0280e95e]
Ian,
I belive that you are looking for this....

http://support.intechnic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=2759&forum=6
Media

Posted: 09/01/2003 9:54:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hey Media!

Many thanks. Thats what I had missed :smile: Now to await the release :smile:

Page:     1 2 3 4 5